NPLQ Lifeguarding courses
We run NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification) courses on average four times per year. All courses are run under the jurisdiction of the Royal Life Saving Society UK. You will be required to take a short water test in order to make sure that the minimum requirements are met.
The test will include:
- Swimming 100m on your front
- Swimming 100m on your back
- Treading water for 30 seconds
- Climbing out of the pool unaided and jumping/diving safely
- Collecting an item from the deepest part of the pool (1.8m)
- Swimming 50m in less than 60 seconds
Lifeguards may renew their qualification only within the period of validity of their existing qualification. Lifeguards must meet the following on-going training criteria before being submitted for a renewal assessment:
- Provide written evidence of having completed a minimum of 20 hours lifesaving, CPR and first aid training within the two year validity period. Ongoing training will be provided by your employer.
Please note, you must be 16 years of age before the start of the course. If you have the qualification, and it is due to expire in the next couple of months, we also run re-qualification assessments at the same time as the regular courses - please contact us for further details.
The current cost of the NPLQ course is £275 which includes all training, the Lifeguard folder, one assessment and qualification certificates. After two years your NPLQ qualification will be due for a re-evaluation which we offer for £99. To book your re-evaluation call us on 01234 291777.